Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- To facilitate a double-blind review process, please submit a version of your manuscript with author identifiers (i.e. author names, institutions, etc.) as a Word document. Please list keywords below your abstract.
- To facilitate a double-blind review process, please also submit a version of your manuscript without author identifiers as a Word document. Please list keywords below your abstract.
- Faculty mentor signs manuscript approval form.
- Author and faculty mentor sign copyright acknowledgement form.
- If research involved vertebrates, the research project must meet protocols as set forth by UNCC’s Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC). If research involved human subjects, the research project must meet protocols as set forth by UNCC’s Institutional Review Board (IRB). An agreement form must be signed by both the submitting author and faculty mentor.
- Cover letter- Include an alternative email address (in the case the undergraduate student graduates before publication).
- All authors (undergraduate student and faculty mentor) must include a business casual headshot and a brief bio as a Word document.
- If applicable, a file (e.g. Word document) that includes all the figures and tables used within your manuscript in high resolution JPEG format. Please ensure that these are labelled just as they are within your manuscript (e.g. Figure 1, Table 1, etc.)
- Ensure that your manuscript does not exceed the maximum of 4,000 words, excluding references, abstract, and keywords.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.