Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- ORIGINALITY: The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- ORIGINALITY: The authors ensure that their manuscript does not contain plagiarized material.
- URLs: Where available, URLs for the references have been provided in the reference list. Please ensure that the DOI URLs are used, and not a restricted link (e.g. University Library Website).
- URLs: For Tables, Figures, and References, please ensure that all URLs fit on one line.
- DATA: If data is used, the submission contains information on how the underlying data and other material can be accessed (data availability statement).
- COMPETING INTERESTS: The submission contains a statement on competing interests: Authors need to declare competing interests and also must explicitly state if they have no competing interests.
- ENSURING A BLIND REVIEW: If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions for ensuring a blind review under the Author Guidelines section below have been followed.
- METADATA: The Authors are aware that the published article and its metadata will be distributed to various search engines, databases, and abstracting and indexing (A&I) services. Moreover, its metadata (including abstract and references) will be sent to Crossref during the DOI registration process. Crossref makes all metadata available through APIs.
- STYLISTIC & BIBLIOGRAPHIC REQUIREMENTS: The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines section below.
- STYLISTIC & BIBLIOGRAPHIC REQUIREMENTS: Specifically, authors must provide accurate and complete bibliographical information. To this end, all manuscript citations should be listed at the end of the manuscript and must adhere to APA Publication Style (American Psychological Association). Please use the current edition of APA style in your manuscripts.
- ABSTRACT: The paper should include an abstract of 100-200 words that summarizes the submission.
- FILE FORMAT: The file should be in Microsoft Word format (.doc, .docx file) or Microsoft PowerPoint format (.ppt, .pptx file)
- FIGURES AND TABLES: Authors must embed (with appropriate captions) any pictures, tables, illustrations or photos in the manuscript. They must obtain written permission when including student work or a photograph which clearly shows the student’s face or full name.
- FIGURES AND TABLES: For complex images such as flow charts, graphs, or other visualizations, please provide a caption in your document that fully describes the image.
- FIGURES AND TABLES: For numerical data visualizations, provide the complete data set as an appendix to your document.
- ACCESSIBILITY: When including in-text hyperlinks, ensure all links include meaningful text that indicates where users will be directed (“resource list for teachers,” as opposed to “click here”).
- ACCESSIBILITY: Hyperlink the title of the source in the reference list as well as providing the url. This allows you to create the title as meaningful link text for users with disabilities who need this, as well as to provide the url for good reason.
This Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between __________ (the “Authorized Author(s)”), on behalf of all Authors (as identified below) and __________ (the Journal) (individually a “Party” or collectively, the “Parties”).
By submitting this scholarly, educational, or research article or manuscript entitled “_____________” ('Article') to the Journal published by the J. Murrey Atkins Library at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, the Authorized Author(s) certify that:
A. Authorized Author __________ (name) is legally authorized and possesses full power and authority on behalf of my co-authors [list names] (collectively, “Authors”) to enter into this Agreement.
B. Authorized Author warrants, on behalf of all article Authors, that:
- The Article is the original work of Authors with respect to the preparation of the Article, and all contributors who have been involved in such research or preparation have been appropriately identified;
- Any third party quotations or figures have been appropriately noted in the Article and fully identified in the references, and in the case of illustrations in particular the Authors have obtained full permission (distribution rights in all media and in all territories) from the illustrator or their agent for re-publication in the Article. The same permissions process would be required for any re-use of any substantial third party text elements;
- All institutional approvals and protocols have been obtained and followed in conjunction with the research and the preparation of the Article and submission to the Journal. Similarly, any related requirements of relevant research funding agencies have been followed. Any funding agencies providing support for the underlying research have been identified
- The Article has not been formally published in any other peer-reviewed journal and is not under consideration for publication by any other journal;
- The Article does not infringe any existing copyright or any other third party rights;
- The Authors are the sole author(s) of the article. Any co-author not signing this Agreement personally has granted full authority to [named author in I.A.] to enter into this agreement on his/her behalf and to grant the following rights to the Journal set forth below.
- Nothing in the Article is defamatory, libelous, or otherwise unlawful, violates any right of privacy, or infringes any duty of confidentiality which the Author(s) may owe to another party or violates any contract, express or implied, that the Author(s) may have entered into; and
- Authors will cooperate with the Publisher concerning the enforcement of copyright interests and if necessary will execute such documents and take other steps as the Publisher deems reasonably necessary for such enforcement.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
A. Author(s) shall retain copyright to the article but grant the Journal right of first publication (subject to the institutional repository deposit requirement in II.B. below), and the irrevocable right to perpetually disseminate and distribute the Article as part of the Journal, subject to the Creative Commons Attribution License, which allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in the Journal. This license includes the right to distribute and make available, create derivative works or use new distribution technologies, enforce such rights as against third parties, and the right to grant or sublicense other entities for some or all of these rights.
B. Upon publication of the Article, Author agrees to deposit a copy of the published version of the Article in J. Murrey Atkins Library’s institutional repository, Niner Commons.
A. Author shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Journal from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, expenses, including attorneys fees and expert costs, penalties, fees, if any arising from enforcement of this Agreement and/or related to claims of infringement of copyrights or proprietary rights allegedly contained in the Article, or resulting from a claim of defamation, obscenity, or invasion of privacy based upon or arising out of the publication of the Article or any other breach of warranty as set forth in No. 1.
A. The Parties agree that the Journal’s contractual obligations in this Agreement with respect to its efforts in the consideration, review, editing, publication and/or promotion of the Article are good and valuable consideration for the rights granted and obligations undertaken by the Authors under this Agreement. The Parties expressly agree that no royalty, remuneration, license fee, costs or other monies whatsoever shall be payable to the Authors.
B. The Authors understand and agree that certain personal information about them, including contact information and institutional affiliation will be collected by the Journal and Authors consent to such the Journal’s use of such personal information.
C. The Parties agree that the laws of the State of North Carolina will govern the interpretation of this Agreement and that, without giving effect to the principles of conflict of laws thereof, they consent to the jurisdiction of the courts of the State of North Carolina in any action arising under this Agreement. This Agreement, together with any referenced policy documents, constitutes the entire understanding of the Parties concerning the publication of the Article, and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements or proposals concerning the Article.
D. The Authors have chosen to publish the Article in an open access format, meaning that any member of the public with access to the Journal’s online site will have free (unfettered) access to the Article and the Journal shall not be responsible for the access, actions or use of the Article by any third party.
Full copyright statement linked here.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.